Saturday, June 18, 2011

Larry Mathews inspired Digital Textile

Larry Mathews inspiration wallboard!!!





I am using my friend Larry Mathews as inspiration for my digital textiles block, he was a precious soul and i want to remember him in a tangible way.

to the left is the pinhole potrait larry took of himself with an umbrella. this is the image i have centred on from his collection of pinhole potraits. which i am the guarder of!!! he did an amazing series of alot of dunedin locals!! we will be exhibiting them at some point!!! they are also to be returned to owners as he requested!!!!

I am intending on abstracting larry into a continuous line movement type thing as seen on the right, there will also be words incorporated peace, love, truth, freedom, grace.  i love the way lines move and evolve over time as continued on one after another. 
Larry Mathews self pinhole portrait
me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment